Friday, December 16, 2011

Sharing A Little FSMas Cheer

I have just reinvested this month's Kiva repayments into loans to more people.  So far, this is how my portfolio looks:

Total Amount Lent$4200.00
Total Amount Repaid$3309.89
Total Amount Lost$    16.06
Total Refund/Expired$    29.01
Outstanding Portfolio$  845.04

Out of a total of 168 loans and $4200 loaned, I have had 4 loans end with a loss and that total loss was just $16.06 - That's a total of 2.4% of my loans have not been paid back fully, with a total of 0.4% default rate (in cash terms).  I'm pretty happy with that and would consider this to be quite a bit better than your average bank would see in their books!  :)

I'm also pleased to say that I'm a member of the AASFSHNR lending team which currently has a total lent amount of US$5,678,275 and climbing and also the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster lending team which is sitting at $875,175 and looking at reaching their first US$1m in loans in the near future - it will be good to help the FSM team reach this significant milestone.

In this holiday season, aside from giving praise to His Sauciness, our Pasta Master, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, would you also consider spreading a little cheer to those in needs of a loan to help them build their businesses or improve their education or housing?  If you'd like to accept a Kiva Invitation from me, just click this link.

Thanks to Kiva, we can make a change for good in many people's lives.


Regards,

The Outspoken Wookie

No comments: